School Contact Details
St Francis of Assisi Church of England Primary School
Tel: 01642 769942
For any queries, please contact the school administrators, Mrs Helen Martin or Miss Joanne Pickering, on the above telephone number or email address. If you need copies of anything from the website, please let us know and we will be happy to provide paper copies.
Headteacher: Mrs Louise Probets
Chair of Governors: Mr Haleem Ghafoor (can be contacted via the school office)
SENDCO: Mrs Marie Watson
CEO: Mr Damian Chubb
Dales Academies Trust
Stockton-on-Tees, TS17 5BL
Tel: 03301 242618
Please see our Admissions Policy 2021-2022 (this current year). All in-year admissions will be dealt with by contacting Stockton LA’s Admissions Team.
Please see our Admissions Policy 2022-2023 (applications for next academic year).
The Admissions Policy for 2021-2022 has had an approved variation due to church closure in 2020. This is Footnote 4 on P4:
“In the event that during the period specified for attendance at worship the church has been closed for public worship and has not provided alternative premises for that worship, the requirements of these [admissions] arrangements in relation to attendance will only apply to the period when the church or alternative premises have been available for public worship.”
Stockton Local Authority can be contacted for information regarding school places and any appeals processes. The LA organises school place appeals. Further information can also be found on the school’s Admissions page.
Our Ofsted inspection as St Francis of Assisi Voluntary Aided Church of England Primary School was rated as Outstanding in June 2011. Please click here for the link to the report. We are now a new school since becoming an academy.
Our SIAMS inspection was rated as Outstanding in April 2016. Please click here for a copy of the report.
Our curriculum intent, implementation and impact statement links to our school vision and can be found here. All our individual curriculum information can be found on the individual subject pages on this website as well as photographs and examples of learning throughout the different pages.
Our Pupil Premium Strategy is detailed on the dedicated page. If you need any further information, please contact our Pupil Premium Lead, Mrs Mary Davies. Our Pupil Premium Governor is Mrs Mehnaz Rashid.
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:14-16.
Our school vision has this Bible passage deeply rooted within. Children in our school will value everyone as unique individuals and celebrate the distinctive and diverse nature of our community and the wider world. They will aspire to greater heights and continue to flourish beyond our school community. They will use the powerful knowledge they have gained to grow into valuable citizens whilst demonstrating resilience, determination, adaptability and being shining lights to others. Our school is laying the foundations for pupils to flourish and ‘live life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10).
Our Aims focus on LIGHT as we,
“Live, love and learn together in the light of Christ”
and link with the Church of England’s national vision for education.
In our safe and secure Christian environment, we demonstrate this through:
Love of all
- We love our neighbours; showing friendship towards all. We show dignity and respect towards the beliefs of others and the environment.
- Christian Values permeate through everything that we do within our school community.
- All God’s children are welcomed into our school family.
Ignite the light of Christ around all our children
- We ignite a passion for learning and curiosity to foster life-long learning through providing an excellent, ambitious, broad and balanced education to motivate all pupils.
- We build opportunities to develop wisdom, knowledge and skills including within local and global communities.
God at the centre of everything we do
- We are committed to daily acts of worship and connecting the Christian Values to the whole curriculum and to individuals’ own personal spiritual journey.
- We encourage pupils to serve others within and outside our school community.
Hope and Happiness
- We create a safe and secure, encouraging Christian environment and have high hopes so that children and adults can aspire to greater heights
- Pupils feel a sense of pride in their own achievements and the achievements of others.
- We foster the confidence for pupils to be determined, persevere and show resilience.
- We develop and maintain a positive and fulfilling partnership between children, parents, teachers and all others working within and alongside the school.
- We are content and appreciate what we have, and understand how our lives may differ from others.
- We encourage honesty and truthfulness across our school community.
- We pursue the truth and develop a sense of purpose throughout our school journey.