“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:14-16.
Our school vision has this Bible passage deeply rooted within. Children in our school will value everyone as unique individuals and celebrate the distinctive and diverse nature of our community and the wider world. They will aspire to greater heights and continue to flourish beyond our school community. They will use the powerful knowledge they have gained to grow into valuable citizens whilst demonstrating resilience, determination, adaptability and being shining lights to others. Our school is laying the foundations for pupils to flourish and ‘live life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10).
Our School Aims and Values
Our Aims focus on LIGHT as we,
“Live, love and learn together in the light of Christ”
and link with the Church of England’s national vision for education.
In our safe and secure Christian environment, we demonstrate this through:
Love of all
- We love our neighbours; showing friendship towards all. We show dignity and respect towards the beliefs of others and the environment.
- Christian Values permeate through everything that we do within our school community.
- All God’s children are welcomed into our school family.
Ignite the light of Christ around all our children
- We ignite a passion for learning and curiosity to foster life-long learning through providing an excellent, ambitious, broad and balanced education to motivate all pupils.
- We build opportunities to develop wisdom, knowledge and skills including within local and global communities.
God at the centre of everything we do
- We are committed to daily acts of worship and connecting the Christian Values to the whole curriculum and to individuals’ own personal spiritual journey.
- We encourage pupils to serve others within and outside our school community.
- We create a safe and secure, encouraging Christian environment and have high hopes so that children and adults can aspire to greater heights
- Pupils feel a sense of pride in their own achievements and the achievements of others.
- We foster the confidence for pupils to be determined, persevere and show resilience.
- We develop and maintain a positive and fulfilling partnership between children, parents, teachers and all others working within and alongside the school.
- We are content and appreciate what we have, and understand how our lives may differ from others.
- We encourage honesty and truthfulness across our school community.
- We pursue the truth and develop a sense of purpose throughout our school journey.