“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:14-16.
Our school vision has this Bible passage deeply rooted within. Children in our school will value everyone as unique individuals and celebrate the distinctive and diverse nature of our community and the wider world. They will aspire to greater heights and continue to flourish beyond our school community. They will use the powerful knowledge they have gained to grow into valuable citizens whilst demonstrating resilience, determination, adaptability and being shining lights to others. Our school is laying the foundations for pupils to flourish and ‘live life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10).
- provides all pupils with an excellent, ambitious, broad and balanced education
- is innovative and imaginative
- motivates through igniting pupils with a passion for learning and a curiosity to foster life-long learning which will continue beyond our school
- enables pupils to develop their confidence, be determined, persevere and show resilience
- creates opportunities for pupils to develop wisdom, knowledge and skills which they can demonstrate across local and global communities. This links to pupils’ cultural capital to succeed in life and the Church of England’s character education
- encourages children to show dignity and respect towards the beliefs of others and the environment
- has the Christian Values at the heart
- ensures that children understand the British Values
- involves parents/carers in pupils’ learning
- makes connections and links to prior learning so that pupils build on their knowledge and skills throughout their time in school
- aims to ensure a deeper learning including mastery across all subject areas through the teaching and opportunities provided
- is systemic and relevant to the context of our school community.
Please click here for a more detailed copy of our school curriculum vision including our Intent, Implementation and Impact.
The school uses the National Curriculum Programmes of Study as the starting point for all subjects from Years 1 to 6 with the exception of R.E. which uses the York and Leeds Diocesan Syllabus. For the children in EYFS, we use the Statutory Framework.
Please click on the links on each individual subject page for further details of the long term plans.
For further information or details regarding the curriculum, please see your child’s termly newsletter that can be found on the school website or have been emailed home.